Thursday, May 19, 2011

Sleep like...a baby?

Hello!! I have been a neglectful blogger lately! Sorry :-)

I heard something on the news this morning that I just have to rant about. I've heard it other places too, and it gets under my skin when I hear it!

It's the phrase "Sleep like a baby".

Really? Have you ever had a baby in your house? The weather lady was talking about how a storm had come through the night before and she was saying that some people woke up with it and others "slept like a baby" right through it.

Last time I checked, babies don't sleep that great! (At least not mine) They sleep maybe 3 hours at a time and even if it's a little longer than that, it's definitely not all night. They have to wake up and eat. Or they just make noise and squirm.

Andrew is 10 weeks old today, and I have yet to get a full night's sleep. Don't get me wrong, I expected to be sleep deprived and I'm not complaining about that. It just irritates me to hear that phrase knowing how crazy a baby's sleep schedule is. So far, he was on a 10pm-4am schedule last week (which was GREAT), and this week his schedule is closer to 8pm-1am and then 2am-5am. I liked last week better. But I know that it will get better, I'm just waiting on that to get here.

So please, if you value my sanity, don't mention anyone sleeping like a baby. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment